piatok 17. augusta 2012

ENJOY BEAUTY OF THE ISLAND CAPRI


(The soul needs more space than the body)




Villa San Michele on Capri in Italy is a magical place, undoubtedly unique and a living example of the dream that became reality.






Axel Munthe, swedish physician, psychiatrist, was the creator of San Michele while he decided to put into reality his dreams, ambitions and ideas through the creation of a home in Anacapri, which later became world renowned through the success of his book, The Story of San Michele.

*
Munthe said that the villa 'had no architect and that so far I did not know in what style the house was going to be built, all that would settle itself as the work went on'
*
„My home shall be open for the sun and the wind and the voices of the sea - like a Greek temple – and light, light, light everywhere!“







An old poet said: „The gods sell all things at the fair price and their best goods at the cheapest rate. All that is really useful to us can be bought for little money, it is only the superfluous that
is put up for sale at the high price. All that is really beautiful is not  put up for sale at all, but is offered us a gift by the immortal goods.

*
We are allowed to watch the sun rise and set, the clouds  sailing along in the sky, the forest and the fields, the glorious sea, all without spending a penny.

*
The birds sing to us for nothing, the wild flowers we may pick as we are walking along by the road-side. There is no entrance fee to the starlit hall of the Night.

*
The poor man sleeps better than the rich man. Simple food tastes in the long run better than food from Ritz. A few friends, a few books, indeed a very few and a dog is all you need to have about you as long as you have yourself. But you should live in the country...
*
(Axel Munthe: The Story of San Michele, CH XXV)







viera7 wrote on Aug 8, '10
Thanks a lot to all of you, for visiting my blog and leaving your lovely comments...I'm glad you liked it , because the island Capri is really very beautiful. By all means I'll meet you there Mr. Three by my next visit...I'm sure you'll be from Capri as zealous as me ....

Wishing you very nice rest of Sunday...
mrthree wrote on Aug 8, '10
I just read this again. Love it. Plan to go there, Viera. Meet me there? Recommended it to a couple friends again. Hug.
gloria2010 wrote on Aug 8, '10
Vera, Thank you for sharing your trip to Capri, pictures that we would never have seen if it were not for you.
Hugs my friend - Gloria
mcmurfy1 wrote on Aug 8, '10
Beautiful photos Viera!
mrthree wrote on Aug 7, '10
Your background storm ended just as I finished viewing and reading your blog. Thank you for sharing about your wonderful Capri vacation. And for the truthful insights you close with. Loved everything about your blog. Your interest in History and architecture makes you a most intrigueing woman. So glad to call you close friend. Hug. Three
simplyregina wrote on Aug 7, '10
Wow, that is really wonderful destination Viera! I'm very sure you enjoyed your time over there exhaustively.
I also agree with the old poet : We are allowed to watch the sun rise and set, the clouds sailing along in the sky, the forest and the fields, the glorious sea, all without spending a penny. Amazing things.

By the way beautiful music.
sugarkat69 wrote on Aug 7, '10
Yes it is just beautiful Viera such simple words bring the truth of simplicity and peace.
gregzook wrote on Aug 7, '10
I love it when you post beautiful holiday photos
lovedreams7 wrote on Aug 7, '10
viera7 said
„My home shall be open for the sun and the wind and the voices of the sea - like a Greek temple – and light, light, light everywhere!“
I love this words! :o)
lovedreams7 wrote on Aug 7, '10
Beautiful place Viera.
I Love this too.
Thanks for sharing :o)
firefysh wrote on Aug 7, '10
It reminds me of my summer beach house (I wish). :-)
Beautiful place, Viera. Thanks for sharing. :-)
belita747 wrote on Aug 7, '10
Extremely beautiful blog, Viera! Have a nice weekend, my good friend!
yahudi1menuhin wrote on Aug 7, '10
I love this
frankiex wrote on Aug 6, '10
You are so lucky Viera to go to such a beautiful place .......The Island of Love ........
Thank you Viera
Hugs
XXXXX
yahudi1menuhin wrote on Aug 6, '10
I love this

Žiadne komentáre:

Zverejnenie komentára