piatok 17. augusta 2012

BRITISH MUSEUM, LONDON

 



BRITISH MUSEUM, LONDON

The British Museum is one of the world's oldest and finest museum's. Started in 1749 and it's an exhaustive and exhilarating stampede through world cultures, with galleries devoted to Egypt, Western Asia, Greece, the Orient, Africa, Italy, the Etruscans, the Romans, prehistoric and Roman Britain and medieval antiquities.

When the winter is always so hard Let's go to visit some of the beautiful exhibitions...






demian69 wrote on Mar 16, '11
Tobe continued, if does not disturb to anybody :-)

viera7 wrote on Mar 15, '11
demian69 said
Well, my memories, as you call it was not ended.
Oh yes...Memory is a way of holding onto the things you love, the things you are, the things you never want to lose...

demian69 wrote on Mar 14, '11
Well, my memories, as you call it was not ended. I,m thinking about getting back to London, defenetly. I thought to do it in September, but a depression taken after Mietzsche,s death, the crissis and my mother,s althzeimer made me to change my mind. But still i belong to some places around Soho, Candem and Kentish Town, Hampstead, Highgate...-my goodness---Sheperds Bush, Ealing Broadway or West Acton or...Regent,s Street a foggy and frozen early sunday morning. Obviously during the winter. I studied at the South Thames College and I lived also in Roehampton, nearby Richmond Forest... I gave a Magistral Lesson, about my poetry in the Queen Mary College, in Mile End. London, for me is an alive map, not only memory and although have passed more than twenty years and Maggie Thatcher spent a lot of diallectic rubbish rottening the country... :-)

viera7 wrote on Mar 8, '11
..compared to what we get for the same money over on the Continent its pathetic !!!
definitely!!!

viera7 wrote on Mar 8, '11, edited on Mar 8, '11
demian69 said
To cutt-off a senseless conversation I took a book from my pockett and showedf him what it was...Have a look, I said...and he replayed... Nietzsche...hmmm. No more coments was made untill I left at Tottenham Court Road Station
Thank you very much for your very interesting and copious story...

"It is impossible to suffer without making someone pay for it; every complaint already contains revenge. " N.

Your stay in Londom had to be very originative...Memories are made of this...

Hugs and smiles...


mercianprincess wrote on Mar 7, '11, edited on Mar 7, '11
viera7 said
... accomodation in Lomdon make me really mad....so expensive and so bad...:-)
you`re right ..i totally agree with you and its not just in London ..compared to what we get for the same money over on the Continent its pathetic !!!

demian69 wrote on Mar 7, '11
Too long. I,m sorry. Great memories...

demian69 wrote on Mar 7, '11
Well, I meant somewhere not too far from that Museum, in Trafalgar Square, and beside the other great London,s museum, The National Gallery and with Saint Martin in the Fields and sir Neville Marriner..:-) stands the Southadrican embassy and stood at the time when Nelsson Mandela was in jail... I discovered that in 1987, withn a friend of mine and his girlfriend. After having lunch in Soho we went over there and as we was getting out of the N.T. we saw people running away and also bobbies being busy. Something was wrong but we did not know what it could be, but soon discovered the nightmate at about sunset time, a sunday early evening, Oct, 1987...A litle crowd of bastards -skinheads- went to the front of the southafrican embassy to atack the permanent pickett -24 hrs per day, 365 days every year...summer and winter too- standing in front of the building and asking for Nelsson Mandella,s release...and keeping it untill he was free...
Since that time I went several times over there to stand in front of, on that time shameful building and to talk and help in the way I could, morally, at least -I would say I was 24 y.o., a student working illegally for short wages in restaurants and hotels to pay my room and so on...- but I tried my best, not only with the pickett. I went to the Wembley Stadium a saturday afternoom but all the ticketts was sold out for one of the International concerts promoted by Bob Geldoff and also other great artists... and I was hunging around for a while, catching the air and crying, emotionally and ideologically touched, but supporting somehow on the way I could, and so on...
More than twenty years later, Nelsson Mandela is obviously free, but seriously ill and the National From have got some chairs in the European Parliament...and thinking-back and about all that, and in today,s world...I can,t avoid my silly tears like when I was around Wmbley,s Stadium...
In 1989, after a Poetry Reading, a sumday evening, at about 11,00 PM, clossing-up time for pubs and so on, I went from a bar with two collegues, a male poet from Belfast and another Poet, from London: My beloved Dinah Livingstone... Beside the tube station a crowd, and suddenly two skinheads -boy and girl- came over us -Dinnah and me, the irish poet left to other side a few moments before...-Why have you said fucking french? spoke-up the filthy and drugly anoyed skinhead at less than three mts, from me -we was talking nothing about France, just about the artificious lorca,s poetry in Poet in New York...- While the skin male was trying to provoke at me, Dinnah Livingstonne suffered the insults and shouts of the filthy skingirl...and a crowd of about ten filthy bastards was pushing me from my back to avoid a possible way-out and I never thought about to scape while my friend was enduring such a nightmare...A litle book with poems of Lorca and San Juan de la Cruz translated into english by Dinnah Livinstone fell to the ground from my arms after so many pushings and slammings on my body...but I collected it from the ground and I still keep in in my library with shoes clues and my own blood in the covers...The only available way-out was the tube station and we went over there while the fucking bastards was attacking on us, but the tickett collector couldn,t help-us, just said : I can,t mate, the police is coming...and after a terrible rain of slamings, kickings on my face and cheast and insults and shouts to Dinnah, someone from the tube,s stuff collected us to a Tea Room where I released all my anger as the worker asked me if I wanted a cup of tea... Fucking Thatcher, Fucking Queen of England, fucking fascists... I want to leave this country, I can,t stand this anymore...while I was embracing Dinnah and crying with anger, wounded and a bit desperated... The police took us to the Hampstead Free Hospital, nearby Kentish town Tube station and I was in untill about 4,00 AM. I told Dinah to go home at about midnight even she did not want to leave me alone I convinced her...Nothing specially wrong in my diagnosis, just hurts, wounds and my blue coat full of blood. At about 4,00 the police van took me to my home in East Acton...I was a student, a young writer and someone,s tuttor, not a linnen porter in a Gloucester Road,s hotel rulled by pakistanish people...A long conversation during the journay... The bobbies was great and honest. They almost apologized in the name of the brave and honest people from England and the UK... and left me in front of my home and shaking my hands they said: Things like that...
The following morning Dinnah callt me at least five times and also more members of the Poetry Group of Kentish Town, showing support and help and mentionning a possible poetry reading of my poems in the Poetry Society of Earl,s Court...
I did not go to work on the following day. Mr Yakoubi, the manager understood that when I told him what happenned...and the shock came over, slowly but powerfully...I had no "papers", short of money and with a double life, three months before the exams...I was afraid of some places at some hours. During a tube journey, some one sitting beside me asked: Where d,you live? I thought he could be a policeman from the Inmigration Office, but in fact he was a baptist looking for unexpected followers for his religious meetings... After a short dialogue I told him not tobe interested on that: I don,t Believe in god, I said... You don,t? he asked. No I don,t, I replayed. Well, while he showed a shy smile... To cutt-off a senseless conversation I took a book from my pockett and showedf him what it was...Have a look, I said...and he replayed... Nietzsche...hmmm. No more coments was made untill I left at Tottenham Court Road Station to collect the red line to East Acton... The book was On the Genealogy of Morals translated into english by Philippe Kaufman, useful to learn good english due to the easy and deep gramar of Nietzsche,s thoughts...
A few day,s later a letter came to my mail box. Mr Swaterdidge, from the Metropolitan transport police wanted to speak with me about the incident and I did...

viera7 wrote on Mar 7, '11
in london ...its sooooooooo expensive for travel/accomodation over here
... accomodation in Lomdon make me really mad....so expensive and so bad...:-)

mercianprincess wrote on Mar 6, '11
and also that i can fly to greece or spain etc for the same or less money that it would cost me for a weekend in london ...its sooooooooo expensive for travel/accomodation over here

viera7 wrote on Mar 6, '11
ive travelled to so many european countries but never to my own capital city
Don't worry about it...it is very usual...maybe we mean that for our own capital we have always enough time..:-)

mercianprincess wrote on Mar 6, '11
viera7 said
Hello Princess... I 'm sure that you have to make a shedule for visiting London ...it is really worth seeing it...Hugs and smiles...
you`re right ..i really should ...its ridiculous that ive travelled to so many european countries but never to my own capital city waaaaaaaah

viera7 wrote on Mar 6, '11
ive never been to the British museum Or even to London ..
Hello Princess... I 'm sure that you have to make a shedule for visiting London ...it is really worth seeing it...Hugs and smiles...

viera7 wrote on Mar 6, '11
demian69 said
have a great day.
you too Demjan...:-)

viera7 wrote on Mar 6, '11
Enjoy your day in London.
Dear Rosa, thank you very much for lovely message and your wishes... London is really very nice city...

viera7 wrote on Mar 6, '11
demian69 said
great memories held around that walls... :-)
Sometimes it is very good idea take a stroll down memory lane...Thank you for your visit here...

viera7 wrote on Mar 6, '11
nice one!
Thanks a lot for visiting...Hugs

viera7 wrote on Mar 6, '11
I appreciate seeing beautiful far away places.
Dear Gloria...in London it is so many things which are really worth seeing...I appreciate your visit so much... Wishing you the beautiful time...

viera7 wrote on Mar 6, '11
firefysh said
I would not like to have been on Tower Bridge when the top photograph was taken. :-)
I wouldn't do it either Graham...:-) Nice to see your message here...Hugs...

viera7 wrote on Mar 6, '11
I shall do that during my next trip...Viera dear!!!
Definitely Vart, you have to ...But you need to plan plenty of time for it...Hugs...

viera7 wrote on Mar 6, '11
I love London!!! and planning to visit again!
Thank you Regina for your visit...I hope you'll find the time to visit London soon...It will be great to meet you here ....Hugs and smiles....

mercianprincess wrote on Mar 6, '11, edited on Mar 6, '11
Great post !
the pictures of the exhibits are fantastic..
i live in England ..but more shame on me ive never been to the British museum Or even to London ..

demian69 wrote on Mar 2, '11
hi, cherry-up :-) have a great day.

lovedreams7 wrote on Mar 2, '11
Great post Viera...
Love the stuff.
Thanks for sharing.

Enjoy your day in London.
Take care,

*hugs*

demian69 wrote on Mar 1, '11
great memories held around that walls... :-)

litocastro5 wrote on Mar 1, '11
nice one!

gloria2010 wrote on Mar 1, '11
Vera, Thank you for sharing. I appreciate seeing beautiful far away places. Even if I am not there I can see how they look. Again, thank you for sharing.
Gloria

firefysh wrote on Feb 28, '11
One of my favourite places in the world.
Beautiful music to go with it.
I would not like to have been on Tower Bridge when the top photograph was taken. :-)

yahudi1menuhin wrote on Feb 28, '11
I shall do that during my next trip...Viera dear!!!

simplyregina wrote on Feb 28, '11
Excellent, Thanks for your efforts.
I visited British Museum two years ago and it is same as before.
I love London!!! and planning to visit again!

Thanks for sharing Viera
Beautiful post

Žiadne komentáre:

Zverejnenie komentára