štvrtok 16. augusta 2012

LEONARD COHEN AGAIN IN BRATISLAVA

Leonard Cohen

legendary Canadian singer and songwriter,
will perform at Bratislava's Incheba Expo Arena
on Saturday, March 13th, 2010

One of the most fascinating and enigmatic - if not the most successful - singer, songwriters of the late '60s, Leonard Cohen has retained an audience across four decades of music-making interrupted by various digressions into personal and creative exploration, all of which have only added to the mystique surrounding him. Second only to Bob Dylan (and perhaps Paul Simon), he commands the attention of critics and younger musicians more firmly than any other musical figure from the 1960s who is still working at the outset of the 21st century, which is all the more remarkable an achievement for someone who didn't even aspire to a musical career until he was in his thirties.
Leonard Norman Cohen was born into a middle-class Jewish family in the Montreal suburb of Westmount in 1934, a year before Elvis Presley or Ronnie Hawkins, and his background - personal, social, and intellectual - couldn't have been more different from those of any rock stars of any generation; nor can he be easily compared even with any members of the generation of folksingers who came of age in the 1960s. Though he knew some country music and played it a bit as a boy, he didn't start performing on even a semi-regular basis, much less recording, until after he had already written several books - and as an established novelist and poet, his literary accomplishments far exceed those of Bob Dylan or most anyone else who one cares to mention in music, at least this side of operatic librettists such as Hugo Von Hoffmanstahl or Stefan Zweig, figures from another musical and cultural world
*



MusicPlaylist



viera7 wrote on Jan 18, '10
I see an Angel visiting me
wow...really...

A smile makes us look younger
while prayers make us feel stronger..
and FRIENDS
They make us enjoy life forever...

a big hugs...

jashheifetz wrote on Jan 18, '10, edited on Jan 18, '10
viera7 said
the angels come to visit us,
I see an Angel visiting me

whenever I hear from you.........

drahá Viera

Love always
Vartkes

viera7 wrote on Jan 18, '10
That's how I understand life
My pleasure Vart...

The golden moments in the stream of life rush past us and we see nothing but sand; the angels come to visit us, and we only know them when they are gone...

Have a Nice New Week

jashheifetz wrote on Jan 18, '10
viera7 said
I hope now it is much better
Yes, Viera
you are
a friend that I can sit in a cafe or an opera with , never say a word, and then walk away feeling like it was the best conversation I have ever had.

That's how I understand life,

Vartkes

viera7 wrote on Jan 17, '10
why aren't the comments appearing?
Sorry Vart...It was created by Multiply...I tried to change it ...and I hope now it is much better to read...I have no idea if I can do it...Have a nice week...

jashheifetz wrote on Jan 17, '10
why aren't the comments appearing?

viera7 wrote on Jan 16, '10
robbekop said
you're going to have a great evening in March
yes Fred, I'm looking forward to his performance...Last year I haven't chance to get ticket...Have a nice weekwnd...

robbekop wrote on Jan 13, '10
Hello Dear Viera , as I could read in some replays here , you have a ticket yet -- so nothing to worry about you're going to have a great evening in March , I'm sure of it !
Take care :-)

jashheifetz wrote on Jan 13, '10
viera7 said
it will be my pleasure...it is in March...try to buy a fly ticket...Hugs
I would fly to the moon for you sweetheat Viera......just to be with you.
YOU'VE BEEN HUGGED!!

Spread the DA love around! (you can copy and paste this message onto their page!)

RULES:
1- You can hug the person who hugged you!
2- You -MUST- hug 6 other people, at least!
3- You should hug them in public! Paste it on their user page!
4- Random hugs are perfectly okay! (and sweet)
5- You should most definitely get started hugging right away!

Send This To Your Friends, And Me If I Am 1.
your friend from the other side of the ocean,

Vartkes
( your beauty through the burning violin)

viera7 wrote on Jan 11, '10
I've seen a lot of great concerts, and this was one of them.
...Thank you very much that you shared your great memories with us... I can truly imagine it...I hope I'll be also such enthusiastic from the event I'm going attend on March. I'm really looking forward to it...and "Suzanne" is also my fovourite song ...besides "Dance me to the end of love"...
Warm hugs

Viera

simplyregina wrote on Jan 11, '10
Last performance of Leonard Cohen was in Zurich on October 25th and it took place at the Hallenstadion. There will be seats for about 8500 persons, however
I got a ticket for Leonard Cohen at the last minute. I have long liked Cohen's songs without particularly liking the albums of his that I have heard. But the arrangements with his current band are fabulous, always serving each song so wonderfully, and without any leanings toward the "poppiness" that I found annoying on some of his recordings. And (in Zurich last night at least) the lyrics were mixed just right, so you could hear all the words really well. Cohen articulates quite clearly when he sings, and the mix and his clear articulation made the poetry of his work come through all the more powerfully. And finally, there were the songs I knew well already,especially "Suzanne," which has long been one of my favorite songs to play on the guitar and sing .

What can I say? I've seen a lot of great concerts, and this was one of them.
Big hugs
Regina

viera7 wrote on Jan 11, '10
firefysh said
He certainly is well worth listening to.
yes ...He certainly is Graham... I like his songs...Thanks for visit...

viera7 wrote on Jan 11, '10
or, may I join you?
it will be my pleasure...it is in March...try to buy a fly ticket...Hugs

viera7 wrote on Jan 11, '10
can I have it please?
yes sure Vart, no problem...

viera7 wrote on Jan 11, '10
belita747 said
did not know he would also perform in Bratislava.
yes hi will...and I have a tickeet this time...I'm looking forward to it, however it will be after two months... Thanks for visiting...Hugs

firefysh wrote on Jan 10, '10
He certainly is well worth listening to.

jashheifetz wrote on Jan 10, '10
viera7 said
I agree with you Vart...I like his songs very much and for that performance I still have a ticket...
or, may I join you?

jashheifetz wrote on Jan 10, '10
viera7 said
I still have a ticket...
can I have it please?

belita747 wrote on Jan 10, '10
I had heard about Cohen's European leg of a tour taht starts in France but did not know he would also perform in Bratislava. How lucky you are!

viera7 wrote on Jan 9, '10
mrthree said
Very exciting. Happy for you, Viera!
Leonard Cohen is one of my favourite singers... I'm looking forward to his performance...

viera7 wrote on Jan 9, '10
this is a very romantic
music
I agree with you Vart...I like his songs very much and for that performance I still have a ticket...

mrthree wrote on Jan 9, '10
Very exciting. Happy for you, Viera!

jashheifetz wrote on Jan 9, '10
this is a very romantic
music
with words
that speak to the heart and soul......"burning violin"
only to a fool like me.

Vartkes

Žiadne komentáre:

Zverejnenie komentára