piatok 17. augusta 2012

WATCHING LEONARD COHEN




Leonard Cohen offered yesterday a wonderful evening in Bratislava
*
Canadian poet and singer  Leonard Cohen ended  yesterday  in Bratislava European part of his world tour
*
He started the song Dance Me to the End of Love and    after following pieces The Future and Bird on the Wire was the first time addressed the audience:

I'm glad I'm back in this beautiful city. This is our last concert in Europe, but I promise you that surrender all of myself,"
 *
The second block of classic songs Cohen opened with a piece of Tower of Song.  After he sang  one of their biggest hits – the ballad Suzanne.  Mandatory driving the interpretation of his famous hit Hallelujah, for which he earned thunderous applause. 
*
 Last two songs of the second part of the concert were the songs I'm Your Man and "Waltz" Take This Waltz.
*
Cohen, dressed in his typical for a dark suit with a hat on his head, then Sibamac arena tribute by standing ovation
*
Musician who is on the scene with no breaks incredible 54 years, to thank them for the two additions - a wonderful So Long, Marianne and rhythmic First We Take Manhattan.
 Neither song with a distinctive name by the Closing Time was the very last.
*
A native of Quebec is the capital city of Slovakia parted just before midnight songs I Tried To Leave You.


 
 
 

viera7 wrote on Nov 29, '10, edited on Nov 29, '10
One of my favourite too.. :)
I'm really in love with his voice!!!

Than ks for your visit...Nice to see you again dear Oldooz...

oldoozinheaven wrote on Nov 29, '10
One of my favourite too.. :)

viera7 wrote on Oct 18, '10
mrthree said
I would enjoy that as I did attending the Celtic Woman concert last October
His performance was so inspiring. Great musicians and performers, the whole bunch on the stage! So soulful. And Leonard Cohen - I'm in love with his voice!!! The one that has most affected me ever in my life...

Thanks for yoyur lovely comment...


mrthree wrote on Oct 18, '10
Would be so awesome to attend one of his concerts. I would enjoy that as I did attending the Celtic Woman concert last October. Thanks for sharing.


viera7 wrote on Oct 16, '10
Leonard is to pop, as is Glen Gould to classical music.
“ I've heard "Hallelujah" by a number of artists and a few were quite good, but nothing compared to Leonard Cohen's rendition, he's still the greatest. ” .

yahudi1menuhin wrote on Oct 16, '10
Leonard is to pop, as is Glen Gould to classical music.

yahudi1menuhin wrote on Oct 16, '10
Bravo Leonard

viera7 wrote on Oct 15, '10
belita747 said
He was here, in Lisbon, a few weeks ago.... Age seems to be unfamiliar to him... always that great singer!
yes, Cohen was in Lisbon on 10th September and later on 21th September, celebrated his 76th birthday... I'm so lucky that I've had a possibility to hear The “Forever Young”singer live in Bratislava...It was really a unforgettable evening...

Have a nice weekend as well Belita...

viera7 wrote on Oct 15, '10
Wow! Beautiful Song!
Welcome dear Rosa...Glad you like Cohen as well...I will never forget this incredible performance.!!

viera7 wrote on Oct 15, '10
firefysh said
He is a legendary artist and I love his work. I'm so pleased that you enjoyed his concert. :-)
Definitely Graham... I enjoyed it so much...Cohen was singing again and again to his knees, and he bows to almost humiliating for the applause, and he was grateful for the gratitude that resonates in the cheers of his audience....

belita747 wrote on Oct 15, '10
I was lucky... could see the video, Viera! I presume you went to the show, didn't you? He was here, in Lisbon, a few weeks ago.... Age seems to be unfamiliar to him... always that great singer! Thanks for sharing... have a great weekend, Viera!

lovedreams7 wrote on Oct 15, '10
Oh, I'm lucky!
I can see this video Viera...
Wow! Beautiful Song!
I loved him too...
Thanks for sharing Viera.
God Bless You!
~ Hugz :o)

firefysh wrote on Oct 15, '10
Sorry I can't watch the video, Viera. It is blocked in Australia because of copyright laws.
He is a legendary artist and I love his work. I'm so pleased that you enjoyed his concert. :-)

viera7 wrote on Oct 14, '10
cant see your vid but I love this artist, love all his songs .x
Me too...:-)

I'm so sorry that you can not see my vid...

Thanks for your visit...

rosiefielding2 wrote on Oct 14, '10

cant see your vid but I love this artist, love all his songs .x
 

1 komentár:

  1. Wow, aj ty tu máš články venované L. Cohenovi :-) Aj ja som o ňom písala na mojom starom blogu, je to môj obľúbený spevák. Keď spomínam starý blog, začala som písať na windows live spaces, ale keď svoju činnosť ukončili, naše blogy nám presťahovali na wordpress.

    OdpovedaťOdstrániť